Hello WordPress World, so sorry I’ve been gone so long. My poor time management skills combined with a wicked ability to procrastinate has unfortunately left me little availability for writing, or even just reading posts from my fellow bloggers who I’ve missed dearly. To be honest, even just thinking straight at times has been a challenge.
A recent seven hour car ride though turned out to be just the thing to clear my head a bit and allow some semi cohesive thoughts to form. I’ll leave it to you whether or not they make sense.
- Coffee makes any road trip much better.
- Fake news is here to stay and collective outrage over this or that issue will continue to grow bigger and nastier, as we fight over things that never actually happened. Since the media has dropped any sense of objectivity (and self respect), they now freely indulge in outright lying as long as the story fits a narrative they know their audience wants desperately to believe. Thus Buzzfeed’s false tale about Trump directing Cohen to lie to Congress. And those MAGA hat wearing Christian boys harassing a Native American? Turns out it was the other way around!
- Low caffeine makes me really itchy. Whoops, better add a letter b to that.
- Gillette execs virtue signaling their wokeness with its”toxic masculinity” ad was the most poorly thought out campaign since the New Coke fiasco of 1985. Why they felt it was more important to cater to people that don’t use their products by insulting those that do is beyond baffling. The best result was this rebuttal ad from the Edgar Watch company.
- People who clean their car wind shields knowing full well the wiper fluid will get blasted on the one behind them are just mean. Or careless, or clueless, or take your pick. Not that I’m holding a grudge or anything…..
- Social media is turning us in to dumb, petty animals. Politicians and the media play a big role in this of course, but it’s up to us to demonstrate that God didn’t make a mistake putting us at the top of the food chain. He gave us wisdom, compassion and logic for a reason, let’s use them all abundantly.
- We really do need to be on guard against being manipulated by those who think nothing of pitting us against one another. The best way to combat this is to stop thinking the worst of other people. Give them space to be human instead of putting them in pre-labeled boxes based on who they voted for or what their race/sex/religion is. Give yourself permission to be wrong about things too.
- If you you play island music while driving through farm country in California’s central coast while wishing real hard you were in Hawaii, it’s just like you were there. Especially so if you’re also drinking good coffee and eating macadamia nuts. Yup, just like Hawaii!